NGO „Baltic HIV Association” was established by specialists working in HIV, drug addiction and harm reduction field in 2010. The NGO involves well-known specialists, former employees of UNODC (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime), national AIDS center and researchers. Till now the NGO has been more focused on provision of expertise in HIV field by submitting recommendations to the Ministry of Health and other organizations. Its members are involved in several working groups established by the Ministry of Health and the organization has also signed the Cooperation Memorandum between Non-governmental Organizations and the Cabinet of Ministers. The aim of the “Baltic HIV Association” is to become a regional resource center for organizations and people working in HIV field and to develop cooperation net of Baltic harm reduction programs.
- to establish the cooperation network of Latvian, Lithuanian and Estonian organizations providing HIV prevention and harm reduction services
- to organize trainings, PR activities, and exchange best practices
- to raise funds for HIV and harm reduction activities in the Baltic States
- to carry-our surveys and research projects
- to participate in development of national and municipal policy planning documents